Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Green Flash Imperial IPA tasting


 Date - 2 January 2012

Venue - Local Option
==========

In Chicago for New Year’s Eve, Br. Thelonious and I stopped in at the Local Option in Lincoln Park before DeAunn and I headed out of town for Wisconsin last night.  He had the Nøgne Batch #500 Imperial IPA; hopefully he’ll post his thoughts on it.  The Green Flash Imperial IPA I had, pictured above, was everything I love about super-charged West Coast hoppy beers.  It was beautifully clear with nice lacing, it smelled like a freshly opened bag of whole-leaf hops with lots of pine and floral notes.  The taste matched the aroma: huge hop flavour with bitterness that doesn’t totally overwhelm, but lingers on the back of the tongue.  Unlike a lot of overly hefty IIPAs, this one finishes without a lot of sweetness.  This is absolutely the freshest smelling and tasting imperial IPA I’ve ever had, and will very much look forward to my next opportunity to have a glass.

- Br. Absalom

No comments:

Post a Comment